Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Apple Cider Vinegar Is Amazing!


I've heard time and time again that Apple Cider Vinegar is good for so many things. But I haven't fully embraced it until this past week. I have been dealing with dry skin on my face and a little ezcema on my arms. So over the last week I would apply ACV about 30 minutes before showering. I would use a cotton ball and apply it to my face and neck and the spots on my arm with ezcema. I also poured it all over my scalp and hair because I had read a lot on the benefits of healing dry skin on your head as well as stripping your hair of residue from shampoo. Anyway, after using it all week I'm a firm believer now! This may sound strange, but using ACV for your hair works just as well as conditioner! I don't know exactly why, but it makes combing/brushing through a cinch. And it seems after my hair is completely dry you don't really smell the vinegar anymore. Love it! And my face isn't dry anymore. It has restored the areas that were dry and peeling.

Another way to benefit from ACV is mixing a couple tablespoons in some juice and drinking it daily. From what I understand it helps combat candida as well as help your body heal from other ailments.

1 comment:

Stubborn Hope said...

Love it! I just started using ACV about 3-4 weeks ago in my hair. And I have very thick, curly, dry hair...and it works! I just do about 2 Tablespoons mixed with 2 cups water and rinse. It's amazing! No need for conditioner anymore!